CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Call for submissions now closed.
The Australian Banana Industry Congress 2021 invites you to submit your work for the congress in Cairns!
About the Science Sessions at Congress 2021
The Banana Congress 2021 is again offering an exciting opportunity to present your science as either three-minute speed talks or display posters targeted to the audience of growers and industry stakeholders. These are the future adopters and end-users of technology developed by scientists.
Speed talks provide an opportunity to demonstrate your ideas and enthusiasm to foster scientific understanding. The idea of presenting scientific concepts as speed talks begin with a three-minute Thesis (EMT©) developed by the University of Queensland and is now held internationally. 3MT supports the capacity to effectively explain research concepts in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
Call for submissions from researchers
Submissions are invited for presentation within Congress 2021’s ‘Science Snapshots’ session that showcase research advances to growers and other stakeholders in the banana industry and comprise of two components
1. Speed Talks
Speed talks are 3 minute presentations that showcase research topics to growers and other stakeholders in the banana industry. This will be followed by a panel discussion with presenters. All speed talk authors are invited to present further detail of their research as a poster in the designated poster session.
2. Poster/ interactive display session
Accepted posters will be on display for the duration of the Banana Congress. Authors will be asked to attend their posters during specific viewing sessions.
- Abstracts should be original work
- Abstract text must not exceed 200 words
- An abstract must be submitted by the presenting author
- Abstracts must be checked for spelling and grammar
- Abstracts must spell out abbreviations on first use
- Abstracts are to be text only. Do not include figures, graphs, diagrams or images.
- Do not include the presentation title, author names or affiliations in the word document as these details will be captured during the submission process.
- Submissions must be made by Friday 26 March
- Authors will be notified the end of March
- Authors must submit their presentations by 16 April