Planning is now underway for the 2017 Banana Industry Congress following the success of our most recent event, held June 17 – 20, 2015 in Melbourne.
Video – Congress highlights
To see the highlights from the 2015 Australian Banana Industry Congress, please watch our video:
To see hundreds of photos from the 2015 event, go to the Australian Banana Growers’ Council website photo gallery and look for the Banana Industry Congress pics http://abgc.org.au/news-media/photo-gallery/
Congress presentations are available on this website. Just go to this page
Please provide your feedback on the 2015 event. Do a quick survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WV8FZPC
Our next event is planned for mid-2017. Please check this website for more details as they become available. We will be letting all our Congress partners know about planning for 2017.
How do I register for the 2017 event?
Registrations for the 2017 Banana Industry Congress are set to open in January 2017.
What are the sponsorship and exhibition opportunities for 2017?
Our Partnership and Exhibition Opportunities prospectus will be launched in 2016. In the meantime, for more information you can contact the event hosts, the Australian Banana Growers’ Council at email@example.com
About Congress 2015
Congress is the one event where Australia’s banana industry meets every two years to discuss the latest issues, information and research that will advance our industry.
The 2015 Banana Industry Congress was held at Crown Promenade, one of the Crown properties at Melbourne’s Southbank in the CBD. The venue offers conference, exhibition and meeting-room facilities all on the one level, as well as entertainment areas, including the event’s major networking location, the Banana Bar, and excellent accommodation.
Banana Industry Congress 2015 was our 11th Congress and, in an exciting innovation, was the first to be held in a capital city. This fresh approach offered:
- an excellent venue with first-class facilities for our program sessions, exhibition displays, meetings and delegate networking
- a new-look program with opportunites for site visits to showcase the latest in supply-chain innovations
- great entertainment and social activities for delegate and partners
- one of Australia’s most prestigious ballroom venues for the indusry’s major social and awards event, the Banana Industry Ball.
The event attracted more than 450 delegates as well as partners and families. Our delegates included:
- banana growers, accompanying persons and farm managers
- banana industry business partners – supply chain, marketers, retailers, input providers, researchers, horticulture groups and policy makers
- other key industry decision makers.